Do you feel heavy? Or, rather, does the world feel heavy to you right now? I know, for me, there are a dozen intense topics, emotions, events, problems, and pains floating around in my mind 24/7. I seem to be feeling everything more than I ever have in the past. The pain of my friends. The pain of the world. The problems and injustices and grief.
And I feel less than enough.
Somehow, things are becoming personal that should never have been personal. And it’s messing with my own identity and self worth.
I don’t know if you can relate with me, or if what I’m saying even makes sense. But I DO know that everyone needs a bit of affirmation sometimes. Everyone has hard days and days of low self-esteem. For those days, this particular blog post is for you.
This morning, I did an exercise in my journal and then wrote a letter to a friend of mine, urging her to do the same. Then I thought, why not write the letter to everyone on the internet that happens across my blog?
The exercise is this – take the list of affirmations below and copy them in your own journal. Or say them out loud. Pause and breath, fully being present in the moment.
Give breath to these affirmations. Say them. Write them. Hear them. Believe them. Trust them.
My name is _______ and…
- I am a gift. I am a prize.
- it is an honor to know me.
- I make mistakes but I am NOT a mistake.
- I love deeply and well.
- I have a kind heart.
- the Creator knows me and chose me specifically.
- I was crafted carefully and lovingly.
- I am beautiful.
- I am full of positive, loving energy.
- I am loved, loving, and lovable.
- I choose goodness.
- I choose kindness.
- I choose loyalty.
- I choose selflessness.
- I choose justice and mercy.
- I am free to be who I am.
- I am deserving of love.
- my friends and family support me and love me.
- I forgive myself.
- I will forgive others.
- my actions do not define me.
- I am in the process of becoming the best version of myself.
- I will be kind to myself.
- I am enough as I am.
- everyday I am growing and learning and evolving.
- I am worthy of my dreams.
- my dreams are not out of my reach.
- I am grateful to be alive.
- today I choose to appreciate all that I am and all that I have been given.
- today will be a good day.
- joy is my birthright.
- I am not and will never be alone.
- I will conquer challenges.
- I will seek out truth and honesty and adventure.
- my future is limitless.
- today is not the end.
- this is part of a larger story.
- there is no one better to tell my story than me.
- I will allow peace into my life.
- negative thoughts do not control me.
- it is okay to separate myself from harmful relationships.
- I deserve to be happy.
- I am…
- courageous and brave
- seen and heard
- smart and wise
- kind and good
- fun to be around
- stronger than I know
- a light to others
- patient and forgiving
- gentle and kind
- hard working
- always growing